How to take a partial screenshot on a Mac
Because it might be useful for some things. Like writing posts about taking partial screenshots on a Mac.
OK that looks easy. In more details:
- Step 1: Press and hold the command key (⌘)
- Step 2: While still holding the command key (⌘), press and hold the shift key (⇧)
- Step 3: While still holding the other two keys, command (⌘) + shift (⇧), press and hold the ‘4’ key
- Step 4: Move the crosshair to the top left of the section you want to capture
- Step 5: Click and hold the mouse button
- Step 6: Drag the crosshair to the bottom-right of the section you want to capture
- Step 7: Let go of the mouse button and you should hear a clicking sound
- Step 8: The screenshot will now be on your desktop, named ‘Screen Shot YYYY-MM-DD at hh.mm.ss xm’
That was easy.
Please follow me if you find this (and potentially other related material) useful and/or interesting!
And if you aren’t a member yet, Join Medium for unlimited stories for just $5 every month from this active, vibrant and passionate community of data people. And loads of other people too, but if you’re interested in data then this is the place to be for you…